Skyrim Alchemy Profitability Calculator
How to use
First, a few things good to know about the Alchemy mechanics:
- You can combine any two or three ingredients into a potion (or poison, depending on the ingredients)
- Each ingredient has 4 different effects
- If at least two of the ingredients share an effect, the created potion will also have that effect
- Each effect in a potion has a set value, which will increase with skill and gear
- The total value of a potion will be the sum of the effects in the potion
- The more valuable potions you create, the more your skill in Alchemy will increase
So as you can see, if you want to gain skill and money quickly, it's good to figure out the best use of each ingredient.
This is how you use the app:
- Start with finding an ingredient you have lots of.
- For the most profitable effect (shown by the number next to the name), click on "show a combination".
- First you will get a list of other ingredients you can use together with your first one to achieve this effect. A green name means that this is the best possible use of this ingredient. A black name means that it could also be used to achieve a more profitable effect.
- When you have decided what the two first ingredients in you potion are, find them in the long list below (by scrolling or using Ctrl+F)
- Now you can also find a suitable third ingredient. Again, all effect names in green means that this is the best possible use of this ingredient.
And a last explanation, the prices I have listed in this app are only to give you a reference, it was what I got for an effect on a specific level, with a specific skill, and with specific gear. You will get completely different values, but since all values scale linear you can still use my prices as a reference to find the most profitable uses of your ingredients.
Let me know if you find any bugs, firstname.lastname@example.org.